You may browse our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The information we collect from you is only that which is required by us so that we may deliver the Website functionality, information you have requested or searched for and to provide you with our services.
What is personal information/data
When we refer to personal information we mean any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. Under data protection legislation it is known as personal data. Some personal information will identify you directly – for example, by giving your name and email address. It may also be possible to identify you indirectly, from information in which your name is not given, for example by naming your job title and employer, or by using another form of identifier such as an online identifier.
What client data do we collect
We may collect the various categories of Personal Information outlined below:
- Personal details – Full name, Title, business type and any other personal information you share with us;
- Contact details – Telephone number, mobile phone number, correspondence address, email address, and business contact information, etc;
- Technical details –Various technical information outlined below;
- Behaviour –Details about how you use our website and services as outlined below;
- Consents –Any permissions, consents or preferences that you give us, including communications that you would like to receive from us and how you would like us to contact you.
- Authorised User –If you are an Authorised User or a Client, we may collect the details that you provide in order to create an account to access our software in connection with your subscription.
- Surveys & preferences –We may also ask you to complete surveys or collect data that we use to help us improve our software and services, although you do not have to respond to them.
How we collect your client data
The following outlines the processes we employ to collect information:A
- Contacting us – We may record, use and store any telephone, postal, email or other electronic communications provided by you. This is to ensure that we can refer back to any instruction you may have given to us as well as to ensure that the information we provide you with is accurate.
- General statistics – We may collect information and statistics relating to each of your visits to the Website including pages visited, search terms used to find us or used on the Website, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number. This is done to improve the visitor experience, understand our customer’s needs and help us improve the Website design, layout, services and offerings.
- Online forms and surveys – We collect data that you have entered into or uploaded using our online forms (including contact forms, chat services, registration forms, subscriber forms, etc) and surveys. We have appropriate measures in place to ensure that users’ personal details are not misused, accidentally destroyed, lost or altered within the server environment. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, we cannot ensure, guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Other sources – We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the Website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Why do we collect client data
The personal information we collect is used to:
- Enable us to provide you with information about our products and services;
- Enable us to provide you with our products and services;
- Enable us to contact you regarding general product and service level matters;
- Keep you informed of new features, products and services available from us. This may include newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For such communications, you have the right to opt out of receiving any or all of it by following the unsubscribe link within the communications or simply contacting [email protected];
- Ensure that we comply with the necessary laws and regulations;
- Ensure that our website is compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors;
- To administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- For the information we receive from other sources – we may combine this information with information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Our legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only: (i) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (ii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you (e.g. if you subscribe as a customer, we may need to carry out certain “know your customer” (KYC) checks).
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
We collect and use your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests in connection with:
- our operation of the Website (for example we collect information about usage and engagement with our Website to improve its functionality, personalisation and security);
- responding to any queries that you submit to us;
- undertaking marketing of our services to relevant decision makers through targeted campaigns;
- recruitment activity;
- detecting or preventing illegal activities;
We may also have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. Where we do process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests, we will consider any consequences or impact it may have on you and will not rely on legitimate interests grounds if we think that our interests are outweighed by any negative impact the activities may have on you. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Disclosing client data to third parties
- We will not sell, share or rent your name, email address, or any other client data to any third party for marketing purposes;
- We may disclose client data to third parties (this may include but is not limited to, our accountants, contractors, other professional advisors, credit referencing agencies, business partners and suppliers) who may require access to client data in the course of them providing us with their services or in the course of us providing you with our products and services. We will at all stages ensure that these third parties have appropriate security measures in place when handling any client data;
- We may at our discretion disclose client data that is required by the police (or other organisations with a law enforcement role) for the prevention and detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders;
- We may disclose specific personal information where we are required to by law;
- We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners, advertisers or other third parties. This will not contain information that can identify any individual person. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If the Company or most of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Viewing, changing or removing client data
- You may view or request for all Client Data that we store about you;
- You may correct, delete or update your Client Data via the Website (where possible) or by sending an email to [email protected];
- You may withdraw your consent (partial or complete) at any time;
- You may request that all Client Data held be removed or ported.
How we store client data
- Your data will be stored securely in line with industry best practice at all times. The security measures in place are reviewed annually;
- Your data will be stored only on GDPR compliant servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone;
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing;
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
For further information please contact us:
Address: Suite 18.08 Aragon Tower George Beard Road, London, SE8 3AL, UK
Telephone Number: +44 (0) 203 930 0885
Email: [email protected]
Last updated: 10 April 2022